Der 355cc Review-Thread

• Seite 5 von 6
28.01.2023 16:57
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#61 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #60

Hard to know. I'm afraid it's impossible without knowing the software details of the system. However, an experiment could be done (if the analog stages allow it): send a 48kHz signal through the aux in inputs, and check if it is correctly sent back through the audio out outputs.

This potential solution reminds me actually of another problem I encountered recently because of the routing (apparently inavoidable) between the inputs and the outputs. I use the instruments exclusively with the headphones connected to an external DAC but, when I shoot a video, I would like not to wear the headphones and use the internal amplification of the organ with the processed sound fed into the organ inputs. I therefore connected two cables from the external DAC to the organ inputs (L+R) but, since I use all the outputs, this creates an instant feedback loop. I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the organ input stages to be routed back to the outputs. Do you have any idea? I could find none...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.01.2023 19:53
#62 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
ah

I think I understand what you are asking: you would like the signal sent to the inputs to be routed exclusively to the internal amplification without being sent back to the external outputs as well.
Theoretically there would be a solution with a small compromise.
You can go to the menu Set Up, External Out Router, External input.
In this menu you can reduce the audio inputs to only two outputs of your choice and the incoming signal will be resent to only two channels out of the 20 available.
The compromise is that you have to give up two outputs and reconfigure the 18 available outputs, including the Sub outputs which must include only the 18 channels excluding the pair of outputs that include the Aux signal..

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.01.2023 20:00 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 28.01.2023 20:01)
#63 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #62
I think I understand what you are asking: you would like the signal sent to the inputs to be routed exclusively to the internal amplification without being sent back to the external outputs as well.
Theoretically there would be a solution with a small compromise.
You can go to the menu Set Up, External Out Router, External input.
In this menu you can reduce the audio inputs to only two outputs of your choice and the incoming signal will be resent to only two channels out of the 20 available.
The compromise is that you have to give up two outputs and reconfigure the 18 available outputs, including the Sub outputs which must include only the 18 channels excluding the pair of outputs that include the Aux signal..

Yes, this is exactly the solution (rather a workaround) I implemented on the organ of a person who is using an external reverb and internal amplification. output 1/2, input 1/2, rerouted on output 3/4 not used. I cannot sacrifice channels 19/20 because they are the pedal division. Well, one cannot have everything, doesn't it?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.01.2023 20:38
#64 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
ah

Unfortunately not..
Some time ago I asked my engineer friend if it was possible to exclude only a few stops from the internal amplification (I wanted to routing the Swell only with the external amplification, using the internal amplification for Great, Choir, Pedal).
Unfortunately it was not possible in any way: it would have been necessary a specific software update which would have cost more than the sub/super couplers alone cost..

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.01.2023 13:19
#65 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di

best would be to have a simple matrix, like the one used in RME interfaces, where one can easily switch on/off all the inputs and outputs and route them wherever one wishes

Totalmix Matrix.gif - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.02.2023 15:56
#66 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #44
For the voicing, however, while there is certainly the need to be able to tune the volume note by note (especially when installing the organ in a reverberant space - and that is possible already now), I do not think that being able to manipulate the voicing parametres note by note will bring a great advantage. Actually, such a feature would replicate only the painful phase of the voicing of real pipes. It would be good, instead, to be able to set the voicing parametres (scaling, cutup, etc) for each octave, in order to manipulate the tonal progression of the stop across the keyboard range. Along with the possibility to voice the mixtures rank by rank, choose their composition and repeat points.

Lieber Paolo, auch da sind wir vom Prinzip einer Meinung:
Mir geht es darum, den Verlauf der einzelnen Parameter von Bass zum Diskant hin verändern zu können, ähnlich wie es im Editor ganz elegnat mittels Linien/Kurven mit dem Parameter "Lautstärke" möglich ist.
Ich glaube auch, dass man im Falle der Zwischenschlatung einer digitalen Raumkorrektur die Möglichkeit, einzelne Töne in der Lautsärke anzupassen, gar nicht mehr benötigt - es sei denn, mann möchte künstlich ein paar Ausreiser in die Intonation einfügen.

Aber dennoch: Ich befürchte, wir müssen noch recht lange auf derartige "Spielereien" warten müssen . . .

Mit herzlichem Gruß

Flauten

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.02.2023 17:24
#67 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di

Zitat von Flauten im Beitrag #66

Aber dennoch: Ich befürchte, wir müssen noch recht lange auf derartige "Spielereien" warten müssen . . .

I hope we will get there. In the meantime I am very happy with my pimped physis organs, both when I am playing and when I am tinkering with them

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.02.2023 17:48
#68 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread

Ja, Du hast recht, wir können schon ziemlich was rausholen aus unseren Instrumenten, so dass das Orgelspielen daruaf ziemlich viel Freude macht!
und ja, auch das basteln und optimieren unserer Instrumente macht richtig, richtig Spaß . . .
Drum werd ich jetzt 2 Meter nach links wandern und mich mit frisch heruntergeladenen Noten beschäftigen . . .

Mit herzlichem Gruß

Flauten

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.02.2023 20:56
#69 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #57
This explains your previous statement.

In my case, replacing one DSP module was not enough to solve the problem of my Ouverture. I had to replace 2 of them while the organ was still in its factory default. Then I installed the patch with 3 (not 8…) octave couplers and I had to add another module. 3 out of 4 slots are now occupied and we are far away from the number of stops and couplers of a Unico 800.

Reduced DSP power is not just about sound dropouts. When the systems starts to lack resources, it cleverly chops off little stuff here and there. Not easy to hear this though…

Yes, I could hear that.
But not with classic organ pieces, but with the Hammond-playing style. But sure, you're absolutely right, I'm not a classic organist and therefore not qualified to claim that the 4x4 DSPs for the Unico 800 are sufficient under any circumstances.
However, Viscount seems to know my playing skills as they only recommended me 2 additional Quadro DSPs (with 10 additional Sub-Sup-Couplers) when they could have made twice as much money with four Quadro DSPs instead. Since I've never haggled over the price, I think it's really great that they're so fair!!!

But as Ahlborn says, there is also a Viscount solution for a C.Carpenter with an Unico 800.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.02.2023 21:43
#70 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di

Zitat von Michal im Beitrag #69
when they could have made twice as much money with four Quadro DSPs instead.

And thus reveal that the king is naked?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.02.2023 10:07 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 26.02.2023 10:07)
#71 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread

Zitat von @Ippenstein, Beitrag #19:
"die Register von HW und POS sowie die Koppeln und Fußpistons dazu getauscht. (Naja, die Fußpistons noch nicht, da es dafür eine Kabelverlängerung braucht). Während es rechts "nur" ein Umstecken des Kabelsalates gewesen ist, musste links mit harten Bandagen gekämpft werden."

Wenn auch sehr verspätet, auch von mir:
Ganz herzliche Glückwünsche zu dieser aufwendigen Tauschaktion der Register
von HW und POS!
HUT AB !
SO hätte ich das so gerne auch bei meiner Orgel, aber eine solche Aktion traue ich mich einfach nicht...

Viele Grüße
Bernhard

PLZ (erste zwei Ziffern): 69

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.03.2023 09:15
#72 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread

Physis hat auch einen großen Nachteil... man kann schnell am Klang basteln und TUT ES AUCH... War ich schon bei Ippenstein02 freudig und dachte, mit Ippenstein03 den spätromantischen Klang getroffen zu haben, stehe ich inzwischen bei Ippenstein05, bei dem ich auch die hohen Töne etwas abgemildert habe usw. Durch die neuen Mixturen konnte ich mich dem Idealklang soweit nähern, daß ich zumindest JETZT (vielleicht in ein paar Stunden schon nimmer) ganz zufrieden bin. Da ich alle Mixturen durchprobiert habe, werde ich da auch nichts besseres mehr finden. Im 2. Manual gibt die sehr zurückhaltende Oktave 2 der Mixtur 3 sogar noch einen Spritzer Glanz obendrauf!), im 3. Manual wäre das die Fugara 2, die noch der Mixtur noch eins obenauf setzt - aber in diesem Hörbeispiel kommt sie nicht vor). Im 1. Manual sind Rauschpfeife und Mixtur 4 zusammengezogen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzdcym2qkbs9cnd/Festivo2.mp3?dl=0

Na dann schönen Sonntag

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.03.2023 09:35
#73 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di

Did you change something in the reverb too? Sounds less lush than before…

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.03.2023 10:57 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 26.03.2023 11:20)
#74 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread

Nein, habe nichts geändert. Ist aber eine reine Stereoaufnahme. Da es nur um den Klang und nicht um das fertige Konstrukt ging, habe ich keine Mehrspuraufnahme gemacht. Ich muß erst noch die SET-Dateien umprogrammieren, damit sie zum neuen STY passen.

Oder eventuell, weil ich die Ensemblefunktion und Air Pressure auf 3 zurückgenommen habe.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.03.2023 12:07
#75 RE: Der 355cc Review-Thread
Di

Zitat von Ippenstein im Beitrag #74

Oder eventuell, weil ich die Ensemblefunktion und Air Pressure auf 3 zurückgenommen habe.

I guess so, things sound sharper now

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!