AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality

• Seite 2 von 4
29.04.2022 16:42 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 29.04.2022 16:51)
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#16 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Time to give some colour and meaning to my opening post.

Keystroke depth after 1.5 year:

IMG_3252.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Hausgemacht reparatur:

IMG_3250.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Status now:

IMG_3253.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

unfortunately all keyboards had different keystroke depths at the beginning and now, after the felt has been added, they still are all different.

And then:

IMG_3243.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and

IMG_3244.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and

IMG_3245.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and

IMG_3246.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

you can see how the last B key slightly tilted on its own axis.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 17:06
#17 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di

Zitat von Regal acht im Beitrag #15

Well, maybe in the future, plastic won't be the cheap alternative.. I wonder if Silbermann (any of them) or CC would have said "oh, let's replace that sturdy connection by cheap plastic". But if you control a big share of the market and aren't worried too much about reputation, i suppose it's an option =/

Cavaillé Coll sold the firm to Mutin after several years of financial diffictulties due to his uncompromising way of building instruments (read: was not making profit).

Quality is an overused word nowadays. Commercial activities have one goal: profit. The more, the better. And as long as 99 customers are happy and only one (pain in the a---) is noticing that something is not ok, then all is fine. Statistics win.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 17:26 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 29.04.2022 17:28)
#18 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #14

I therefore took the opportunity to realign all the keyboards after one year (calibrated paper thicknesses are used, exactly as in the pianos)

this is exactly what I do not want to do because, considering the overall time my organ has been used, this is not ok. When I was a teenager studying piano at the conservatory, and played on average 5 hours per day, 7 days a week, I destroyed a piano in 4 years. That makes sense...

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #14
... and exactly adjust the weight of the keys (148 gr in the first octave, and gradually scaling up to 134 in the highest octave. ).

Wow, this is something I would do and would not expect the manufacturer to deliver! Great idea, would be fantastic on my Unico although I have no idea how to undisclose the keyboards (the pipe facade must be removed). But after all the pictures you posted of your instruments, the explanations about the replaced capacitors, rubber bands to reduce vibrations, absorbing material behind the speakers, and so on, when I think about your Sonus the image that appears in front of my eyes is this:

47352287_286877781960932_3192964423983562752_n.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 17:43 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 29.04.2022 17:43)
#19 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Intonationsmeister

Hallo Paolo,
So sehen meine aus. Unregelmäßigkeiten gibt es hier auch ca.+- 0,5 mm. Der max. Tiefgang ist nach 7 Jahren bei genau 10mm.
AWK 355cc.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Gloria Concerto 355cc

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 17:53
#20 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di

Zitat von SaintSernin im Beitrag #19
Hallo Paolo,
So sehen meine aus. Unregelmäßigkeiten gibt es hier auch ca.+- 0,5 mm. Der max. Tiefgang ist nach 7 Jahren bei genau 10mm.

Those are "Glorious" inequalities!

10 mm are way too much for me (and actually out of organbuilding standards) especially when we have to play large chords with fingers substitutions.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 18:03
#21 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Intonationsmeister

Mann könnte auch sagen eine authentisch rekonstruierte Schnitger Tastatur im Alter von 330 Jahren.
Mit dem Alter wird sie nicht besser. (leider)

LG
Frank

Gloria Concerto 355cc

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 18:08
#22 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality

Wenn der Schnitger wüsste, dass das heutzutage mit Absicht nachgebaut wird.. =)

Ob man das neue Physis vielleicht auch verwenden kann um eine realistisch "eingespielte" Tastatur einzustellen (Abnutzung mit Werten von -4 bis +4)? ;)

Das kommt davon, wenn man die Interessierten so lange warten lässt: dann wird gemein spekuliert :D

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 18:21
#23 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di

Zitat von SaintSernin im Beitrag #21
Mann könnte auch sagen eine authentisch rekonstruierte Schnitger Tastatur im Alter von 330 Jahren.
Mit dem Alter wird sie nicht besser. (leider)

LG
Frank

How stupid of me that I do not understand authentic things!

Zitat von Regal acht im Beitrag #22
Wenn der Schnitger wüsste, dass das heutzutage mit Absicht nachgebaut wird.. =)

And could Bach have ever guessed that one day organists would require a digital function to make the organ air supply unstable?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 18:59
#24 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
ah

Paolo, you're right, 11.5mm is just too much.
My keyboards are about 9mm, and they have kept this key dip since they were new.

The height differences, on the other hand, are like mine after a year of use. Then after the break-in, and after I made the adjustment, they no longer moved.

20220429_184629.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 19:11
#25 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #24

The height differences, on the other hand, are like mine after a year of use. Then after the break-in, and after I made the adjustment, they no longer moved.

Your keyboards definitely look pretty aligned

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 19:18
#26 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
ah

I hope I'm not off topic,
however, some time ago I had a rather heated discussion in another forum which listed the "wonderful" quality of the keyboards of the well-known American manufacturer.

Watch carefully how they are lined up and how they leave the factory (especially the last notes of the Swell and those of the Choir). And these are keyboards that cost very much!
Above all, they are supplied as such from the factory, and it is not a misalignment due to use (the photo shows a new organ).

When I pointed out to fans of that brand that these keyboards were showing alignment issues and likely poor quality control, they told me that those keyboards were perfect, but the camera lens probably generated some parallax errors and "looks" misaligned!

Screenshot_20181120-114707.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 19:22 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 29.04.2022 20:03)
#27 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Di

Qualität vor Allen!

Per questo dico che la qualità oggi è solo una parola sulla bocca di troppi...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 21:15
#28 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality
Administrator

Die Hinweise auf die digital rekonstruierten Windinstabilitäten und -insuffizienzen sind gut.
Auch die "gealterten" Klaviaturen versprühen für mich den Charme einer alten Pfeifenorgel.
Keine Ahnung, ob das dumm ist; für mich hat es etwas.

Eines aber frage ich mich: Für handwerklich Unbegabte wie mich ist es ein Ding der Unmöglichkeit, AWK selber neu zu kalibrieren. Gibt es Garantien bzw. Händlerserviceleistungen, die eine aus den Fugen geratene Klaviatur wieder auf Vordermann bringen?

PS: Danke für die vielen Detailfotos! Hochinteressant, auch die Holzverarbeitung der AWK aus der Nähe zu sehen. Wie oft da eine Faser von der einen oder anderen Taste absteht... das gefällt mir gar nicht.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 21:58
#29 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality

Mich haben die Fronten der Untertasten auch nicht so überzeugt. Beim Bambus hatte ich auch den Eindruck, dass da Fasern abstehen, und die Ritzen zwischen Front und Auflage finde ich recht deutlich; und beim Ebenholz passte die Maserung nicht zusammen, weil das offensichtlich aus vielen verschiedenen Stücken geschnitten war -- an sich kein Problem natürlich, es ist immer noch ein tolles Holz, aber aus der Perspektive sticht es so ins Auge.
Habe bei meiner Tastatur (kein AWK) mal geschaut, da ist das Ebenholz nur oben als Auflage; die Fronten sind einfach schwarz (gebeizt? bin kein Fachmann, sorry), das sieht dann einheitlicher aus.

Aber trotz allem lacht mich die Ebenholz-AWK sehr an, und die würde ich bei einem Besuch in den heiligen Hallen auf jeden Fall gerne mal ausprobieren.

Das Nachjustieren durch den Kundendienst klingt für mich irgendwie nach einer extra kostspieligen Sache, aber vielleicht bin ich auch (zu) pessimistisch..
Wobei, wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe, die AWK gar nicht richtig nachjustierbar ist? Oder vielleicht sind die Schräubchen extra gut versteckt, sodass es auf jeden Fall der Kundendienst machen muss?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.04.2022 22:16 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 29.04.2022 22:23)
#30 RE: AWK Keyboards and standardised product quality

@ahlborn

Uuups! Die Tasten bei dem Foto auf der ALLEN-Orgel gehen ja "bergauf"und "bergab"!??

Und dann noch dieses glatte Abstreiten eines Faktums, als ob man als unabhängiger Beobachter einen "Knick in der Kamera-Optik" hätte, also spinnt, durch die "Forumsjünger" jenes "anderen Forums"!??
Das nimmt ja schon sektenhafte Züge an!

Und das sind ja augenscheinlich die "hauseigenen", sündhaft teuren ALLEN-Klaviaturen!

Die bekommt man ja seit einigen Jahren beim Neukauf einer Orgel nicht mehr serienmäßig eingebaut, sondern nur "billige" FATAR-Klaviaturen!

Die ALLEN-Klaviaturen sind nur noch optional zu einem saftigen Aufpreis erhältlich!

Na dann...

Also, wenn ich das hier alles so lese, lobe ich mir wieder einmal meine "billigen", serienmäßigen VISCOUNT-Standard-Klaviaturen auf FATAR-Basis...

PLZ (erste zwei Ziffern): 69

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!