Physis PLUS Editor

• Seite 3 von 5
10.05.2023 09:47
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#31 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Automatic translators are very effective nowadays. However, the GIGO rule remains.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
13.05.2023 05:35 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 13.05.2023 05:36)
#32 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
li

Just a summary evaluation of the 3/4 hour video as a training "document"...

1) Knowledge needed to understand the video: the viewer should have hands-on experience and familiarity with the editor in Physis or Physis Plus and access to a Physis Plus instrument and the editor
2) Purpose of video: the viewer should see the editor controls for major components of Physis Plus (that's all I could come up with...it's weak as a purpose)
3) Learning outcomes of video: the viewer should be able to...(not sure I can state what the learning outcomes were supposed to be)

So, I think the video was not planned to be anything but a response to some questions by potential users and guesses by Viscount about what users experienced with Physis might want to know.

As a training "document," the video is marginally better than nothing, but it, sadly, matches the quality of the pipe sets presented in the various Physis Plus marketing videos. I will say that Viscount training and marketing is consistent in a disappointing way which is completely different than the team that develops and implements the Physis Plus technology--if the marketing and training departments could match the performance of the Physis technology team, the company would be wicked hot Mephistopheles hot !!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
13.05.2023 10:36 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 13.05.2023 10:37)
#33 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Di

Zitat von live3TA im Beitrag #32
--if the marketing and training departments could match the performance of the Physis technology team, the company would be wicked hot Mephistopheles hot !!

Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she’d be a wagon (Scotty, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, 1984)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
13.05.2023 11:49
#34 RE: Physis PLUS Editor

Wie ich schon in der Brüllbox gejammert habe: Ich verstehe nicht, wieso da nicht ein Kollege auf der Orgelbank saß, der Töne und Akkorde (oder was immer gerade sinnvoll ist) gespielt hätte, damit man die Effekte sofort hören kann, wenn der andere im Editor die Einstellungen ändert. Die haben immerhin auch das Instrument da stehen.
Man lernt über das Programm nicht viel, wenn man jede Schaltfläche einmal gezeigt bekommt, aber nicht hören kann, was dann mit dem Klang passiert.

Vielleicht war die Videopräsentation vom Transwarp-Antrieb in Star Trek III ähnlich gestaltet (und die gedruckte Betriebsanleitung noch nicht fertig geschrieben) -- das würde erklären, dass es gereicht hat, dass Scotty ein paar Chips klaut, damit die gesamte Föderation kollektiv vergisst, dass der Antrieb überhaupt existiert (und funktioniert) ;)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
13.05.2023 11:56
#35 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Di

Zitat von Regal acht im Beitrag #34

Vielleicht war die Videopräsentation vom Transwarp-Antrieb in Star Trek III ähnlich gestaltet (und die gedruckte Betriebsanleitung noch nicht fertig geschrieben) -- das würde erklären, dass es gereicht hat, dass Scotty ein paar Chips klaut, damit die gesamte Föderation kollektiv vergisst, dass der Antrieb überhaupt existiert (und funktioniert) ;)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
13.05.2023 13:18
#36 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Administrator

Gott sei Dank sind ein paar Trekkies unter uns. Scotty's Spruch habe ich vor kürzerer Zeit doch ebenfalls irgendwo zitiert. Wenn ich nur wüsste, wo.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
13.05.2023 18:32
#37 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
li

I think I remember someone noting here Francis Rumsey's "Physis Explained" videos that are very information dense and helpful (and clearly properly developed as training material): https://vimeo.com/channels/1184888

Now that I've seen Viscount in action (inaction), I understand why Viscount dealer Regent Classic & Viscount Organs produced the videos--it was just like the other dealer taking one of the recent Physis Plus videos and adding reverb to soften the harshness of it.

For any potential customers, it has to create doubt in their minds having to search various individual dealers' websites for useful information that Viscount should have provided. So, I guess, it will be on dealers and motivated users to provide what Viscount doesn't...hmm...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.05.2023 18:14 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 19.05.2023 18:15)
#38 RE: Physis PLUS Editor

So, interessant war für mich, daß sich die Parameter im Editor nicht fließend über die 3 Sektionen anpassen lassen, sondern die Sektionen Stufen bilden. In den großen Serien sollen noch mehr Parameter verfügbar sein. Das war mir bisher neu.

Die kleinen Serien werden auch eine kleinere Bibliothek als die großen haben.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.05.2023 21:52
#39 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Di

Zitat von Ippenstein im Beitrag #38
So, interessant war für mich, daß sich die Parameter im Editor nicht fließend über die 3 Sektionen anpassen lassen, sondern die Sektionen Stufen bilden.

Seriously? In the old editor the volume followed a linear progressive increase/decrease. Why should it be different now? It makes no sense…

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.05.2023 22:00
#40 RE: Physis PLUS Editor

Ist aber so. Hab mal Noise auf Minimum/Maximum gestellt. Da hört man die Terassen deutlich.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.05.2023 22:23
#41 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Di

Zitat von Ippenstein im Beitrag #40
Ist aber so. Hab mal Noise auf Minimum/Maximum gestellt. Da hört man die Terassen deutlich.

Pure nonsense.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.05.2023 22:33
#42 RE: Physis PLUS Editor

Nein, es wäre schön gewesen, wenn da ein fließender Übergang wäre, so wie ich auch Lautstärke und Tonhöhe fließend verändern kann. Natürlich sollte man nicht die Maxima gegeneinanderstellen. Aber nur in 1 oder 2 Schritten maximal zu arbeiten schränkt halt die nutzbaren Möglichkeiten schon wieder ein.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.05.2023 22:35
#43 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Di

Zitat von Ippenstein im Beitrag #42
Nein, es wäre schön gewesen, wenn da ein fließender Übergang wäre, so wie ich auch Lautstärke und Tonhöhe fließend verändern kann. Natürlich sollte man nicht die Maxima gegeneinanderstellen. Aber nur in 1 oder 2 Schritten maximal zu arbeiten schränkt halt die nutzbaren Möglichkeiten schon wieder ein.

I agree, it makes no sense to have three disconnected sections without smooth crossover points

Antworten

Beitrag melden
20.05.2023 11:57
#44 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
ah

Good morning!
No, that's not a good thing. Even my Cantorum Duo (!!!), in the voicing service menu, allows you to choose the slope curve among the various regions of the keyboard in which the modifications take effect.
However, it may be something that will be implemented later.
But I have to be honest, with Physis plus I would have expected a modification of all the parameters note by note: only in this way can a complete customization of the stop be achieved. Limiting changes to just three sections of the compass is still too simplistic.

I saw that the user manual (quick guide) of the Physis Plus models is now available. Clearly one perceives that it is a manual at an embryonic level, but I would still like to make some reflections.
In the manual it is written (but also in the brochures) that the various lines, Opera, Maestro, etc. differ in the possibilities of the number of pipe sets (10 large models, 6 in the smaller models), and in the number of alternative stops (the S4 brochure says "wide sound libraries available", while for the Opera models "FULL availability of sound libraries").
This means that there are software limitations (I assume the hardware is identical) between the various lines.
But my doubt is that these limitations can also include sound quality. If the differentiation between an instrument costing 30,000 euros and one costing 6,000 is to be clear and audible, then "restrictions" could also apply to the audio engine. It is only a guess, but these limitations indicated in the user manual and brochures raise several doubts..

Antworten

Beitrag melden
20.05.2023 12:28
#45 RE: Physis PLUS Editor
Administrator

Schon vor einiger Zeit habe ich genau das vermutet, was du, lieber ahlborn, beschreibst: Eine bewusste Eindämmung der Möglichkeiten bei den kleinen Modellen, um deutliche Unterscheidung zu den Premiummodellen zu ermöglichen. Einerseits legitim, gewiss. Selbst ohne Intonationsmöglichkeiten wäre die kleine Domus mit ihrem günstigen Preis ein schönes Paket. Dass Viscount ihr im Prinzip das volle Intonationsmenü mitgegeben hat (samt kleiner Registerbibliothek) ist eine hübsche Zugabe.

Detailintonation war schon beim alten Physis "editorpflichtig" - trotzdem gelang auch per Orgelmenü schon eine ganze Menge. Dies scheint mir jetzt nicht viel anders zu sein, außer dass der eine oder andere Parameter hinzugekommen ist (Ausweitung) und die Bibliothek zugleich recht überschaubar bestückt wurde (Einschränkung). Man bekommt als Kunde also mehr und weniger - allerdings bei einer Orgel des Einsteigersegments!

Wir sind noch nicht bei der Mittelklasse (Sonus bzw. Concerto) angelangt, das will mitbedacht sein.
Für Orgeln aus dem Einsteigersegment sind die Domus resp. die Optimus außergewöhnlich reich ausgestattet.

Mir wäre es trotzdem zu wenig, da ich die Concerto gewöhnt bin; aber das ist eine andere Geschichte.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!