Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel

• Seite 2 von 3
06.10.2022 21:17
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#16 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Yes, the processor she is using is a two-channels device. Two channels in poly2 going out of the organ into the reverb, and two channels coming back into the organ, left and right. She did the connection all by herself (I just provided a picture to indicate where the out/in cables must be connected).

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.10.2022 22:03 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 06.10.2022 22:06)
#17 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

Yes, that is what the dealers should tell ya. But since some dealers apparently are just salespersons (not so with Thomann), it's YOUR turn. Go for it!

It's the same with computers back in the 90s. Everybody wanted to sell computers and the software. But you could make much more money with support. The organ dealers (well this expression is quite brutta in my ears) have to learn a lot of things, I guess. E.g. the upgrade of an organ, of course, never can be too easy or cheap because the organ can't be sent in my mail. In yachting, therefore the dealers have service teams. And these days, many things can be accomplished by tutorials and video chats. In fact I never saw a Viscount techy in personal. All was done via the internet. And plugging in a cable should be nothing that is impossible even when you unfortunately have two left hands (with two left hands one wouldn't play organ anyway, I guess) :-)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 14:04
#18 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Di

Zitat von Michal im Beitrag #18
Yes, that is what the dealers should tell ya. But since some dealers apparently are just salespersons (not so with Thomann), it's YOUR turn. Go for it!

And one would frankly expect the opposite! That is, a shop like Thomann to be less attentive to customers' special requests! And instead... The mentality of DO dealers has to change because the world has changed, both in the churches (closing one after the other) and in the private customer domain.

Anyway, without repeating what has been said above, I think the digital organ of the future should be:

- based on physical modeling. No matter if the organ is placed in a church or in a house, this technology allows the greatest flexibility, both for those who want a ready-to-play instruments and those (like myself) who never stops to play around with the voicing features;

- be upgradable, both with new hardware and software. It is not sustainable that a whole console must be thrown away when a new technology is introduced or improved. What shall I do with my three green organs when Physis 2.0 blows my mind away?

- provide a powerful room simulation engine. This is the most important element for any organ, digital or piped. We know, the most importan stop is the room.

- be sold with a clear and transparent commercial strategy. The same thing cannot cost 10 here, 15 there, 5 there, and 3.5 if bought directly from the manufacturer. Come on, the '80s are over since a long time! And sneaky dealers are easily exposed (yes, there is a big exchange of information in the private section of this and other forums).

- be decently built. A DO that costs 20K euros cannot have the cheapest keayboards on the market, creaky benches and a 0.1 mm layer of wood veneer glued on the mdf base.

Nothing else comes to my mind, but it would be interesting to know how other people conceive their dream digital organ.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 17:12
#19 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #19
...What shall I do with my three green organs when Physis 2.0 blows my mind away?...

I'll start practicing my tactics. Let's see..
"They're worthless, now that Physis2 is out. But I'll give you twenty dollars (for the lot), because I like you" (=
Ah well, you're safe for now -- I wouldn't even have room for one of them :D

But seriously, I don't think the "old" Physis organs will lose much of their value, so the market for used ones won't collapse.

I totally agree re the keyboards and the wood veneer (and I remember Ahlborn's comments on electronic components, like cheap capacitors). A DO is a luxury purchase (if bought for one's home), and that should show in the substance. I doubt Ferrari buyers would tolerate a flashy car with cheap plastic parts inside (and where you'd have to disassemble the motor in order to change the battery)..

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 17:42 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.10.2022 17:43)
#20 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Di

Zitat von Regal acht im Beitrag #20
Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #19
...What shall I do with my three green organs when Physis 2.0 blows my mind away?...

"They're worthless, now that Physis2 is out. But I'll give you twenty dollars (for the lot), because I like you" (=

oh boy, I'd better keep and burn them in the fireplace to warm up the apartment now that the Swiss Federation is imposing serious restrictions on the usage of gas and electricity in winter!

But seriously, I don't think the "old" Physis organs will lose much of their value, so the market for used ones won't collapse.

They will not. Yes, I dream to hear Physis 2.0 blowing away my three Physis 1.0 on steroids. I dream...

I doubt Ferrari buyers would tolerate a flashy car with cheap plastic parts inside (and where you'd have to disassemble the motor in order to change the battery)..

What? You do not need to disassemble the engine of a Ferrari to change the battery? NO-WAY! Now I understand why they cost some hundred thousands euros... If only I had known, I would have put another 10K euros on my P35 to be able to easily tune the hyper-realistic-fast-aging AWK!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 19:57
#21 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel

Paolos Argument zu der eigenen digitalen Akustik einer DO kann nicht genug betont werden. Wurde hier schon vielfach diskutiert, dass man den Sound einer Pfeifenorgel aus einer Kathedrale nicht einfach ausschneiden kann, um diesen Ausschnitt dann im Wohnzimmer zu Gehör zu bringen.

Genau das ist aber das Versprechen der Digitalorgel: Sie soll klingen wie eine Kathedralorgel und nicht wie ein Haus-Pfeifenörgelchen, das der Größe des Wohnzimmers angemessen wäre: Also eine Orgel mit vielleicht 14 Registern oder vielleicht noch einem Hilfswerk von ein paar Aliquoten dazu.

Und da kommt man nur mit Soundquellen von hinten wirklich weiter.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 20:50 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.10.2022 21:03)
#22 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

Zitat von Regal acht im Beitrag #19

I doubt Ferrari buyers would tolerate a flashy car with cheap plastic parts inside (and where you'd have to disassemble the motor in order to change the battery)..

That‘s funny. I own an Italian Supersportscar (worth more than 10 Unico 600s) and the switches are FIAT plastic and you have to disassemble the car body in order to change the air filters and when I tried to refuel the car at the gasstation for the first time on my own, I needed to phone the dealer in order to tell me where the fuelcap is and how it can be taken off - it is actually located inside one of the air intakes! Ha! Italian engineering skills! Boy are you glad when you own a Viscount organ instead!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 21:30
#23 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Di

Zitat von Michal im Beitrag #22
I own an Italian Supersportscar (worth more than 10 Unico 600s)

Holy exhaust pipes, Batman! With the value of 10 Unicos 600 you should have bought a pipe organ and the church around it!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.10.2022 21:59
#24 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

No, I wanted a economically sound investment not a sounding investment - anyhow the Countach is even louder than a pipe organ 116 dB. I drive with Mickey Mouse ear mufflers in order to save my hearing.
And that is the problem with dealers and manufacturers like we now have, I never ever would spend much money on a digital organ. Maybe I would, if things were different - let‘s see what Viscount comes up with. No upgradeability = definitely end of the line for my money going in this direction.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.10.2022 10:16
#25 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Administrator

Es könnte freilich sein, dass bereits bei der Frage "Was ist eigentlich 'viel' Geld?" offener Dissens zutage treten.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.10.2022 10:54
#26 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #18
[quote=""|p67224]
Was mache ich mit meinen drei grünen Organen, wenn mich Physis 2.0 umhaut?

Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass Physis 2.0 den Klang Deiner Intonationen übertreffen kann. Also wirst Du die drei Orgeln behalten und vielleicht zu Testzwecken eine Orgel mit Physis 2.0 kaufen.
LG
Matthias

Gloria Concerto 350 Trend

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.10.2022 11:33
#27 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Gast
( gelöscht )

Zitat von Regal acht im Beitrag #19
Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #18

Nix da - bitte hinten anstellen, wo ich schon kein DSP Modul von Paolo bekommen habe stehe ich aber mal ganz vorne in der Reihe sobald diese veralteten (fast schon Schrott)-Teile entfernt werden müssen
gegen einen kleinen Spritkostenbeitrag hole ich sie auch selbst bei Dir ab (herzallerliebster Paolo ;-)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.10.2022 11:39 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 08.10.2022 11:42)
#28 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Gast
( gelöscht )

Zitat von StrahlRohrFlöte im Beitrag #26
Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass Physis 2.0 den Klang Deiner Intonationen übertreffen kann. Also wirst Du die drei Orgeln behalten und vielleicht zu Testzwecken eine Orgel mit Physis 2.0 kaufen. LG Matthias

und ich naives Schaaf dachte bisher immer bloß zwei Orgeln wären besser als eine...

steht nicht irgendwo in der Bibel geschrieben, dass ein einzelner Mensch keine vier Orgeln besitzen soll?
das weckt doch nur Begehrlichkeiten...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.10.2022 11:48 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 08.10.2022 12:08)
#29 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

Zitat von Gemshorn im Beitrag #25
Es könnte freilich sein, dass bereits bei der Frage "Was ist eigentlich 'viel' Geld?" offener Dissens zutage treten.

Wenn man „viel Geld“ in Zahlen ausdrücken möchte, dann ist man auf dem Irrweg.
„Viel Geld“ ist immer relativ.
So kann der Kauf einer kleinen 1 oder 2 Manualigen Orgel für jemanden „viel Geld“ sein. Und genau deswegen fordere ich die Gleichbehandlung aller Käuferschichten und Orgelgrößengattungen. Ich käme nie auf die Idee eine Upgradefähigkeit nur für Unicos zu fordern. Im Gegenteil, ich reagiere viel empfindlicher wenn man jemanden nach ein paar Jahren Besitz einer „kleinen“ Orgel sagt, dass man einfach mal so entschlossen habe, dass man keine Upgrades anbieten möchte obwohl dies problemlos möglich ist - ich empfinde das als grobe Missachtung des Kunden. Hätte das Viscount zu mir gesagt, hätte ich sicher keine Physis-Orgel mehr.
Freilich macht der Händler Unterschiede beim Kunden auch in Bezug auf dessen Kaufkraft - aber das ist ja gerade der Fehler in der heutigen Zeit, denn auch Mercedes kann nicht nur mit der S-Klasse existieren. Ganz im Gegenteil, das Geld wird mit den günstigeren Modellen gemacht und genau deswegen muss man diese breite Käuferschaft besonders im Auge behalten und deren Wünsche und Anforderungen genau zu deren Geldbeutel passend befriedigen weil sonst kaufen die einen „Was weiß ich was“ als EU-Reimport im Internet.
Aber die Händler im Heimorgelbereich scheinen irgendwo im vergangenen Jahrhundert stehen geblieben zu sein und das noch nicht kapiert zu haben.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.10.2022 12:23
#30 RE: Die Zukunft der Digitalorgel
Di

Zitat von StrahlRohrFlöte im Beitrag #26

Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass Physis 2.0 den Klang Deiner Intonationen übertreffen kann. Also wirst Du die drei Orgeln behalten und vielleicht zu Testzwecken eine Orgel mit Physis 2.0 kaufen.
LG
Matthias

Matthias you are very kind to me! Thanks :) After buying the Concerto 355 custom, I am not into buying another one. Finally, I have all I wanted, a digital organ with a nice console that does not look like a digital organ! So, unless Viscount wants to use my scary trouble-finding abilities on a test instrument, I will stay with my trio for a while!

Zitat von Oliva di Gloria im Beitrag #27

Nix da - bitte hinten anstellen, wo ich schon kein DSP Modul von Paolo bekommen habe stehe ich aber mal ganz vorne in der Reihe sobald diese veralteten (fast schon Schrott)-Teile entfernt werden müssen
gegen einen kleinen Spritkostenbeitrag hole ich sie auch selbst bei Dir ab (herzallerliebster Paolo ;-)

Any time, Oliver ;)

Zitat von Michal im Beitrag #29

Aber die Händler im Heimorgelbereich scheinen irgendwo im vergangenen Jahrhundert stehen geblieben zu sein und das noch nicht kapiert zu haben.

Sadly all affected by the boiling frog syndrome.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!