Viscount Physis DSP Module

• Seite 1 von 4
09.08.2022 13:14
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#1 Viscount Physis DSP Module
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

I sell two Viscount DSP modules for Physis organs. The module are with 2 DSP and are perfect to expand 2 and 3 Manuals instruments (excluding the Ouverture/Concerto and the Unico 500) and improve the overall sound result.

100 euros each + shipment.

0EDCE6E1-97C4-4E56-88D4-CE39CE3C2256.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)FD56012A-1A04-4DD2-8901-2C7CFFC66CDD.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 14:48
#2 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module

Hello Paolo,
Would you also sell only one of the Modules?
How simple can it be integrated into a sonus 40?
And, may I ask, why don't you use them any more in your instruments?
You can of course answer via PM if you prefer...
Viele Grüße, Wolfgang

--------------------------------------------------
Viscount Sonus 40 EU (seit 6/2018)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 15:51
#3 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Di

Zitat von Windlade im Beitrag #2
Hello Paolo,
Would you also sell only one of the Modules?
How simple can it be integrated into a sonus 40?
And, may I ask, why don't you use them any more in your instruments?
You can of course answer via PM if you prefer...
Viele Grüße, Wolfgang

Both modules have been sold already, sorry, but I can still answer you questions. It is very easy to install them, the Sonus 40 (like all organs) have a mainboard with 4 slots for the DSP boards. In the Sonus 40 only 2 slots are used. To install the DSP modules it is enough to plug them into the emply slots.

I am not using them because I replaced 3 boards with 2 DPS, on the Concerto 355cc, with three boards with 4 DSP. Therefore, I had three 2DSP modules available. I installed one in the Unico P35 and two remained to be sold.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 16:20
#4 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module

It's a pity that the Modules habe been sold so quickly :-(
In case you want to sell another one, please let me know, I am very interested.
Best regards,
Wolfgang

--------------------------------------------------
Viscount Sonus 40 EU (seit 6/2018)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 17:30
#5 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Di

The third module is happily sitting the the Unico and it gives a good boost!

When I buy the next organ maybe there will be more DSPs available

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 17:50
#6 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Administrator

Noch eine Orgel?
Bald bist du schlimmer als ich, Paolo!

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 17:54
#7 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module

What is an additional DSP good for?

No fear- I am not interested in DSP's because my Unico is heavily installed and screwed under/ within the pipefront...

I am afraid of the day where access to the back is necessary due to e.g. repairs...

I think I would call Kisselbach in this case...

VG
Aeoline

Organisten leiden oft an einer schlimmen Krankheit: Augentinnitus - Man(n) sieht nur noch Pfeifen...

Viscount Unico 400 DE [V1.14.19] (56/III/P) : ab 11.2012
Johannus Opus 520 (45/II/P) : 10.1987-11.2012
Siel HB 700 (9/II/P) : 1977-09.1987)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 18:33
#8 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Di

Zitat von Gemshorn im Beitrag #6
Noch eine Orgel?
Bald bist du schlimmer als ich, Paolo!

Or am I already?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 18:42
#9 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Di

Zitat von Aeoline im Beitrag #7
What is an additional DSP good for?

The default computational power of all the organs is really at the limit. When you play fast big chords with the tutti, the organs starts to chop off big chunks of sound. If you want to avoid it, you add some extra DSP and the problem is solved. Moreover, when I added the two new DSP modules on the Concerto, I noticed that the sound was different, definitely more airy. I asked a friend who had the dsp added in the past if what I was hearing was true or I was having aural hallucinations and he confirmed that, actually, the extra DSP power affected also the high frequencies and therefore everything sounded less muffled and more clear.

Last but not least, if you want to add some octave couplers, you need a lot more computing power. I applied on my Sonus the octave couplers with the system developed by our @Oliva di Gloria and the organ nearly collapsed.

Anyway, now that all my three instruments are pimped with DSPs like a muscle car, I can concentrate on something else.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 18:47
#10 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #9
...I can concentrate on something else.

Thanks for the explanation.

I expect, the "something else" is "green"...

VG
Aeoline

Organisten leiden oft an einer schlimmen Krankheit: Augentinnitus - Man(n) sieht nur noch Pfeifen...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 19:06
#11 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Di

Zitat von Aeoline im Beitrag #10
Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #9
...I can concentrate on something else.

Thanks for the explanation.

I expect, the "something else" is "green"...

VG
Aeoline

Probably more than one green

Antworten

Beitrag melden
09.08.2022 20:23
#12 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #11
...Probably more than one green

So you get "Twins"?

VG
Aeoline

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.08.2022 19:15
#13 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

I’m not quite sure whether just inserting additional DSPs will change the organ sound or its abilities.

When I asked for more Power (Sub + Supercouplers), I received a new custom firmware from Viscount.

When I installed the new firmware (and I had not yet installed the DSPs – because these were still on their postal way to me), the organ refused to boot with an error-message that one or more DSPs are missing or defect.

After installing the DSPs the organ booted. So, it was definitely not possible to overload the organ.
And more important, on the other hand, that implies, that the firmware does (and actually has to) address the DSPs.

By the way – for those who never have done a custom upgrade – this firmware, I’m talking about is not the same .phy that the one that is downloaded for updates. There are two different types of .phy.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.08.2022 19:30
#14 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module
Mi
Michal ( gelöscht )

Zitat
No fear- I am not interested in DSP's because my Unico is heavily installed and screwed under/ within the pipefront...

I am afraid of the day where access to the back is necessary due to e.g. repairs...

Das dürfte spätestens nach 10 Jahren fällig sein, wenn die Lithium-Batterie gewechselt werden muss. Sie hält zwar eventuell länger aber man sollte sie unbedingt rechtzeitig wechseln. Es geht dann nämlich u. U. nicht nur die Uhrzeit verloren. Wenn die Knopfzelle ausläuft oder ausgast (und ja, das können auch Lithium-Knopfzellen), dann ist das Mainboard kaputt (oder, was wahrscheinlicher ist, es fängt wegen Kontaktproblemen an zu spinnen). Die Batterien kosten wenig - ein Mainboard deutlich mehr!
Ich wechsle die Batt. immer, wenn ich nach ein paar Jahren eh mal hinten aufschrauben muss.
Ich habe schon zwei Synth.-Expander wegen so einem Mist verloren! Aus Schaden wird man klug.
Übrigens hat mir Viscount von sich aus und ohne meiner Nachfrage bei dem Upgrade geraten bei der Gelegenheit die Batterie zu wechseln. Die wissen schon warum!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.08.2022 19:37
#15 RE: Viscount Physis DSP Module

Zitat von Michal im Beitrag #14
Das dürfte spätestens nach 10 Jahren fällig sein, wenn die Lithium-Batterie gewechselt werden muss....

Und es wäre natürlich ganz und gar unmöglich, das Board so zu gestalten, dass die Batterie nicht direkt drauf sitzt, sondern durch eine Aussparung von außen erreichbar wäre, ohne die ganze Orgel zu öffnen?
War natürlich eine rhetorische Frage ;)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!