My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

• Seite 2 von 3
28.07.2023 12:37
#16 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Hallo Ahlborn,

sehr interessant!
Vor allem, wenn Du diese Soundbar auch für die Sonus 60 = Gloria Concerto 350 trend
erstellst!
Da wußte ich sogar ein Instrument, an dem ich das gerne ausprobieren würde...

Viele Grüße
Bernhard

PLZ (erste zwei Ziffern): 69

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.08.2023 16:42
#17 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
ah

I also finished the sound bar for the Sonus 60 (almost the same as the Sonus 40, but a little lower).
I can say it was worth it, I'm very happy!

If anyone wants to build their own soundbar and has any questions, I'll be happy to share the details!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.08.2023 19:11 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.08.2023 19:12)
#18 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Das ist wirklich sehr professionell geraten! Großes Kompliment! 👍🏻
Sieht wunderschön aus, ist äußerlich, "versteckt" hinter dem Notenpult, äußerst unauffällig, klanglich aber ganz sicher umso mehr von großartiger Wirkung!
Herzlichen Glückwunsch, lieber @ahlborn!

PLZ (erste zwei Ziffern): 69

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.08.2023 19:24
#19 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Hallo Alhborn,

das sieht gut aus und klingt sicherlich auch genauso gut ☺️. Ich werde mir die Soundbar für die Sonus 40 auf jeden Fall auch bauen, bin nur zeitlich noch nicht dazu gekommen.

Was für mich und dein ein oder anderen Laien interessant ist, ist das Setup des DSP und der Einstellung an der Sonus.
Vielleicht hast du den ein oder anderen guten Tipp für mich / uns.

Viele Grüße,
Frank

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.08.2023 13:28 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 08.08.2023 13:33)
#20 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
ah

Yes, of course.
It is necessary to set the t.amp crossover on each output: High pass at 315Hz, slope LK-24, exclude Bypass.
The volume must be adjusted (for each output), according to your taste.
In general, I recommend keeping the Sonus outputs +6 on each individual output, and maxing out the ext output, and then lowering the levels from the T.amp mixer; this is because the t.amp generates some background noise when set to 0dB, so it is best to enter the T.amp with the loudest possible signal, and then turn down the level from the t.amp mixer so as to lower the the noise level.
However, this way the external volume will not follow the volume of the internal speakers if you change the internal volume frequently.
In the latter case, it is better to set the outputs of the Sonus to +6, and align the internal output with the external one from the pot (there is a function in the "progr. function" window of the Sonus), and adjust the level with the t.amp mixer (probably at levels above 0dB).
This way the inside and outside levels will always remain balanced when turning the master volume up or down.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.08.2023 13:34
#21 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Das sieht sehr gut aus. Bravo! Aber ich bin einerseits auf den Klang gespannt, andererseits frage ich mich, welcher Mehrwert nun effektiv da ist, da die tiefsten abgebildeten Frequenzen ja bereits im 2-Fuß-Bereich liegen.

Viele Grüße

Andreas

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.08.2023 13:53 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 08.08.2023 13:59)
#22 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
ah

This is a soundbar designed "in addition" to internal amplification; it is absolutely not suitable for use without internal amplification.
Frequencies below 300 Hz are well reproduced by the four midrange and subwoofer already present in the Sonus. Furthermore, the low frequencies are omnidirectional, so the ear hardly locates them in the environment; that's why they blend well with the sound bar speakers (which are higher up. There are no time alignment issues either, the sound bar being equidistant from the other internal speakers at the listening point).
The effect is an increase in definition, and a horizontal and vertical broadening of the sound stage is created, which is what is needed to create the illusion of being in a church.
Naturally it is essential to find the right balance: if too loud, the illusion is lost because the sounds become too directional upwards, if too weak, the illusion is not created.
Every ear (and every room) is different, so it's best to adjust the levels to suit your taste.
However, you can also adjust the dsp crossover around 100Hz to have a greater frequency extension, but in my case the low frequencies "dirty" the sound and prevented the right illusion from being created.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
25.08.2023 22:29
#23 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Hallo zusammen,

mal ein kleiner Zwischenstand zu meiner Soundbar. Diese habe ich heute fertig gestellt. Ich habe mich dabei für die Variante ohne eingebautem t.racks Modul entschieden, das wird separat platziert. Somit habe ich die Höhe um 3 cm reduziert. Das t.racks fehlt mir aktuell noch, wenn es dann im Haus ist, wird es spannend bezüglich dem Setup.

Schönes Wochenende und liebe Grüße,
Frank

PXL_20230825_123833608.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

PXL_20230825_195535128.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.08.2023 09:00
#24 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
ah

It is beautiful! The finish is perfect!
Remember that the 3FE25 has a fs at 110Hz so it is essential to put a high pass filter, otherwise the distortions will be quite important. But if you have the t.racks you can conveniently set the crossover frequency via software. Also remember to use balanced cables (TRS) from the organ to the tracks.
Also give the speakers time to break in (at least 10 or 15 hours of use), because they are limited when new.

Let me know your impressions!

In my two organs (and in my environment) they have made a tangible positive difference!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.08.2023 14:52 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 26.08.2023 18:30)
#25 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Hallo Gianluca,

ich habe das nun mal mit 2 Boxen nachzuempfinden versucht. Das Ergebnis ist interessant und erhöht die Wiedergabe des Obertonspektrums sowie die Verteilung im Raum nach oben.
Mit 4 Boxen nach Deiner Bauart mag das sicherlich noch interessanter klingen. Was wäre aber, wenn einer ein Extension-Board hat und z.B. 8 oder 12 Kanäle mit Deiner Soundbar versehen will. Wird der Nutzen größer oder ist man mit 4 Boxen (4 Kanälen) bereits gut bedient und der Aufwand zum Nutzen sinkt?

Viele Grüße

Andreas

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.08.2023 21:07
#26 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
ah

Hi Andreas,
a greater number of channels undoubtedly helps to further reduce the intermodulation distortion (already very low in the Sonus/Ouverture amplification). Of course, in a solution with 12 loudspeakers it is necessary to evaluate the cost/benefit ratio. I don't have a single answer, because the 4-channel soundbar was the result of some experiments and attempts. In the end I liked the result, but I really have no idea if a sound bar with 12 channels can really add more..
Please note that the sound bar is intended to be used in addition to internal amplification. This is an important element because the emission of these loudspeakers starts at over 100 Hz, and therefore must take advantage of the mid woofers and the subwoofer present in the organ to work well.
Balance is still guaranteed with 4 speakers, but I think that with 12 channels it will be necessary to think of different solutions, with the probable addition of at least one subwoofer, but it's just an idea..

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.08.2023 21:25
#27 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
Ul

Hallo in diese Runde,
mit großem Interesse habe ich immer schon externe Abstrahlungen bei digitalen Orgeln verfolgt.
Jetzt kann man ja die einzelnen Register routen. Deshalb eine, evtl. dumme Frage: Wäre es nicht möglich die hochliegenden Register auf die Soundbar zu routen , um so die eingebauten Lautsprecher zu entlasten. Oder ist damit eine gute Verschmelzung unmöglich gemacht.
Viele Grüße
Ulrich

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.08.2023 21:33 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 26.08.2023 21:35)
#28 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Es geht um den Ambience-Effekt, der dadurch leiden würde. Man erweitert die Orgel ja nach oben hin (räumlich wie klanglich). Da sollte man schon alle Register mitnehmen.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
26.08.2023 21:48
#29 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!
Ul

Das hatte ich schon befürchtet. Danke für die Aufklärung.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
27.08.2023 20:16
#30 RE: My new (Sonus40) sound bar project!

Lieber Luca,

Wie Columbo hätte ich da noch eine Frage: Werden die "Passive Out" von den Parametern beeinflusst oder ist das ein reines Durchschieben des Eingangssignales? Wenn man nämlich das Signal auch in den Computer einspeisen will, wäre ein unbehandeltes Signal von Vorteil.

Viele Grüße

Andreas

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!