CC windchests position to setup reverb properly

• Seite 1 von 2
02.04.2022 13:06
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#1 CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Dear friends,

as I am trying out a new reverb configuration (nooooo, really, Paolo!) and preparing the setup for my Concerto 355cc I would ask you if you could tell me how Cavaillé-Coll arranged the windchests of his instruments.

So, for example, grand choeur and grand orgue: which one is in front and which one behind? And supposed that the windchests were not arranged at different heights, between positive and grand orgue, which one is closer to the façade? And the pedal, was always at the back of the instrument, behind the other windchests or did he sometimes arrange the pipes on both sides?

I found the layout of St. Sulpice and it does not really help because it is not written, on the windchests, to which division they belong and, in any case, that is a very big instrument with a strong development in height.

Thanks to anyone who could help me :)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 15:27
#2 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
ah

This is a transversal view of the organ of Santa Clotilde...

Bildanhänge
imagepreview

20220402_152338.jpg

download

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 15:40
#3 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di

Oh! How interesting! The positive in the center, and behind the recit. Grand orgue at the sides, in front of the pedal. Cool!

Thanks

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 16:37
#4 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly

Have you visited this site?

There are a lot of technical drawings horizontally and vertically showing the inside of St. Sulpice. Somebody who has already been there, shurely can add the assignement of the divisions.

bR
Aeoline

Organisten leiden oft an einer schlimmen Krankheit: Augentinnitus - Man(n) sieht nur noch Pfeifen...

Viscount Unico 400 DE [V1.14.19] (56/III/P) : ab 11.2012
Johannus Opus 520 (45/II/P) : 10.1987-11.2012
Siel HB 700 (9/II/P) : 1977-09.1987)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 16:42
#5 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly

Here ist a picture that shows the assignement of the division.

bR
Aeoline

Organisten leiden oft an einer schlimmen Krankheit: Augentinnitus - Man(n) sieht nur noch Pfeifen...

Viscount Unico 400 DE [V1.14.19] (56/III/P) : ab 11.2012
Johannus Opus 520 (45/II/P) : 10.1987-11.2012
Siel HB 700 (9/II/P) : 1977-09.1987)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 16:51
#6 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di

Zitat von Aeoline im Beitrag #5
Here ist a picture that shows the assignement of the division.

bR
Aeoline

I truly suck at investigations!

Thanks very much!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 19:23
#7 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di

Ok, so, I prepared a virtual room simulation that would fit a CC sound.

Unfortunately I do not have the concerto 355cc at reach here (that still has to be voiced anyway). However I did a test with the Sonus 60, and played a little around. Few chords with the full organ to give an idea of the result.

I would like to hear what you think about this room simulation. It is a totally new concept that I have not used so far. It does not require a very powerful CPU (compared to the last system which was a power hog) and allows a better positioning of the divisions in the space. It is still in beta testing, so it can certainly be improved. Also the listener perspective can be adjusted to be more close or far from the organ.

You will forgive my sloppy playing :)

Dateianhänge
  • CC Room.mp3

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
02.04.2022 22:46
#8 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly

Wow!!

So impressive!! 👍🏻

PLZ (erste zwei Ziffern): 69

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2022 08:11
#9 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly

Zitat von Aeoline im Beitrag #4
Have you visited this site?

Wow, was für eine interessante Seite! Vielen Dank für diesen wertvollen Link!!!

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #7
I would like to hear what you think about this room simulation. It is a totally new concept that I have not used so far. It does not require a very powerful CPU (compared to the last system which was a power hog) and allows a better positioning of the divisions in the space. It is still in beta testing, so it can certainly be improved. Also the listener perspective can be adjusted to be more close or far from the organ.

Das klingt ja sehr, sehr viel versprechend und authentisch! Dieser Aufnahmeschnipsel gehört mit zu den besten Aufnahmen, die ich je von einem Phyis-Instrument gehört habe!!!

Mit herzlichem Gruß

Flauten

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2022 11:24
#10 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di

Now I am a little bit torn between this grand lush perspective, which is what one would experience sitting in the nave of a large church, and a more detailed and close - but less charming - perspective...

I need to sleep some more nights over it :)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2022 11:34
#11 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Administrator

Spricht doch nichts dagegen, ab und an im "verhallten Klang" zu schwelgen. Viele bevorzugen das hall-arme Üben... kann ich nachvollziehen. Freude empfinde ich aber erst am Klang, wenn ich ihn per Hall in einen größeren Raum stelle.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2022 13:14
#12 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di

I use both approaches: when I am practicing I use no reverb whatsoever, just pure dry sound. When I play a finished piece for my own enjoyment I add reverb. Then, I also use different reverbs for differs pieces: Bach normally comes with a smaller, more intimate reverb, but Franck must come in a gorgeous grand acoustics otherwise everything sounds just wrong.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2022 18:00
#13 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly

Was spricht denn dagegen, sich verschiedene Presets zurechtzulegen und dann entsprechend zu switchen?

Und wenn ich mir diesen Herrn hier anschaue/anhöre, dann genießt er seine Orgel sichtlich ja auch im Raum . . .
Und haben nicht einige größere Orgeln 2 Spieltische (darunter einen beweglichen und mehr oder weniger frei im Raum platzierbaren), um eben die Orgel aus unterschiedlichen Positionen heraus am Spieltisch hören zu können . . .

Ein Meister Deines Fachs sollte doch da technische Lösungen dazu finden können . . .

Mit herzlichem Gruß

Flauten

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2022 20:38 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 04.04.2022 21:12)
#14 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
ah

Paolo, this sample is fantastic!!!

Bravo!!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2022 12:33
#15 RE: CC windchests position to setup reverb properly
Di

Zitat von Flauten im Beitrag #13
Was spricht denn dagegen, sich verschiedene Presets zurechtzulegen und dann entsprechend zu switchen?

Und wenn ich mir diesen Herrn hier anschaue/anhöre, dann genießt er seine Orgel sichtlich ja auch im Raum . . .
Und haben nicht einige größere Orgeln 2 Spieltische (darunter einen beweglichen und mehr oder weniger frei im Raum platzierbaren), um eben die Orgel aus unterschiedlichen Positionen heraus am Spieltisch hören zu können . . .

Ein Meister Deines Fachs sollte doch da technische Lösungen dazu finden können . . .

yes, this is of course possible. At the moment I am applying to the organ a reverb system where I manage the early reflections and the reverberations with different plugins and very different technologies, to get the best out of them. This gives also the possibility to move the listening perspective closer or farther from the organ. It is just that I am never happy with anything and I keep on changing :D

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!