Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)

• Seite 1 von 5
05.02.2020 19:17
#1 Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
ah

Good morning,
Physis firmware 1.14.14 was released yesterday; it corrects some problems of previous versions.
In particular, the USB communication problem of the Physis Editor on Windows 10 is corrected, making the use of the Editor stable and avoiding the Editor crashes.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.02.2020 20:24
#2 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
Administrator

Thanks for the notification.
Can anyone confirm that the editor works fine (which means: without crashing all the time...) after this update?

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.02.2020 21:40
#3 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
ah

I tried it with my notebook with Win 10 and I didn't notice a crash. Previously it crashed almost every time I tried to "link organ".

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.02.2020 21:43
#4 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
Administrator

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #3
Previously it crashed almost every time I tried to "link organ".

I experienced this behaviour, too. Great if they were able to fix it.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.02.2020 23:47 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 05.02.2020 23:47)
#5 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
Intonationsmeister

Update 1.14.14 kann ich auf der Viscount Seite nicht finden. Nur 1.14.13.

Gloria Concerto 355cc

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.02.2020 07:01 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 06.02.2020 12:01)
#6 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
ah

You must go to www.viscountinstruments.com and select the English language. Updates are published first on the "international" site while the national pages are updated later.

This is the direct link where you can download it:

http://www.viscountinstruments.it/media/..._01-14-14_A.phy

Of course, it is recommended to have downloaded the latest Windows updates.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 12:20
#7 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
PM
PM

Hi Alhborn,

I'm currently installing it. Takes a long time, about 20 minutes.
On the Viscount site there is no info about this update, the release history is only up to 1.14.13. Do you know what other fearures are changed? During update the display on the organ said somthing about timbres, configuration files and the like. Do you know what it is all about?

Thanks in advance!

„Bach ist Anfang und Ende aller Musik, auf ihm ruht und fuszt jeder wahre Fortschritt“  - Max Reger

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 12:49
#8 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)

Hi PM,

this behavior is standard for an Update.

I guess, that "timbres" means, that the sampled orchestral voices are uploading.

Due to the reason, that there is only one update-file to fit all different Physis-models, of course there have to be "configuration files" to bei uploaded to customize the configuration for the current model.

That there is no additional information on the HP might mean, that there are no other improvements done in the update... - or they have simply forgotten to post them...

Best regards,
Aeoline

Organisten leiden oft an einer schlimmen Krankheit: Augentinnitus - Man(n) sieht nur noch Pfeifen...

Viscount Unico 400 DE [V1.14.19] (56/III/P) : ab 11.2012
Johannus Opus 520 (45/II/P) : 10.1987-11.2012
Siel HB 700 (9/II/P) : 1977-09.1987)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 12:55
#9 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
PM
PM

Thanks Aeoline, that's perfectly possible, I didn't think about that.
In the meantime, i'm working with the Edotor and indeed, it didn't crash so far!

LG PM

„Bach ist Anfang und Ende aller Musik, auf ihm ruht und fuszt jeder wahre Fortschritt“  - Max Reger

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 14:17 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 10.02.2020 14:21)
#10 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
ah

Good morning.
Yes, the big time required for the update is perfectly normal, about half an hour. During update, the display indicates the progress with various information messages, exactly like the ones you have indicated. 1.14.14 firmware corrected only two bugs that were inadvertently introduced with 1.14.13B and reported by me. The first is a bug that freezs some organ functions after about an hour of use, promptly fixed. The second problem concerned the editor crash on Windows 10; it was a problem due to the incompatibility of the Win10 drivers with the organ's USB port codes and this problem was also corrected.

About info file: the information file may be updated in the future, but in any case it is not important. Only the biggest improvements are written and many small improvements aren't mentioned. For example, it is completely normal to introduce small improvements in hardware management (like dac's, dsp etc.) between updates, which are not displayed in the information file; these improvements can increase the audio quality, even if they are often only small and apparently imperceptible between one firmware and another. However, if you were to upgrade to a very old version with the latest one, the improvements would be perfectly audible. I recommend however not to install an older version because this could delete all additional data (new stop voices installed with editor, etc.) and return the instrument to the factory settings. The calibration data of the expression pedals would also be lost, and it would be necessary to enter the service menu to recalibrate them. It is a very simple operation, but it is better to avoid if you are not sure.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 17:19
#11 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
PM
PM

Thanks again!!
I'm impressed by your know-how. I used the editor today and it did not crash anytime. Especially not when switching from one organstyle to another (formerly it crashed 9 out of 10 times when switching).

Regards, PM

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 17:27
#12 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
Administrator

I am very thankful for all information you provide us with, ahlborn, too.
And I must admit that I am very courious where you learnt about all those details on physis organs that you are sharing with our community.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 18:47 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 10.02.2020 18:49)
#13 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
ah

I am glad that these infos is useful for the forum.
I know a engineer who works at Viscount, and I often have pleasant chats about Physis technology, and generally about electronic organs.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 19:11
#14 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
Administrator

I understand. Thank you for reveiling this recently unsolved mystery.

Edit: I have just started the update process on my Gloria Concerto.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
10.02.2020 22:09
#15 RE: Physis Editor crashes fixed now (firmware 1.14.14)
Intonationsmeister

Ich hatte nach Installation von 1.14.13 tatsächlich mehrere Abstürze der Orgel so dass ich sie aus und wieder einschalten musste. Nach Installation von 1.14.14 ist der Fehler glücklicherweise behoben.

Gloria Concerto 355cc

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!