Requiem pour une unité audio défunte

05.05.2023 17:54 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 05.05.2023 17:55)
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#1 Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

It looked so nice when it arrived! So premium!

IMG_5360.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_5361.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_5362.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_5363.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

A prayer for a premium (German, ooops) product

(Dammit! The boss of the company is Italian! )

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.05.2023 21:56
#2 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
Br

Sieht wirklich edel aus, sogar Hand-signiert. Aber wie sagt man so schön: "Die inneren Werte zählen".

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 08:03
#3 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
Di

Yes, true. I was really surprised when I opened the box because this is the kind of packaging that one encounters when they buy audiophile equipments, where the marketing stardust is 80% of the value.

In this case, it is really a pity that the unit was defective because the equipment is cleverly developed. Even a person with absolutely no technical audio competence can operate the Mod. There is no channels, busses, sends and returns, masters, etc. The graphical user interface is so well done (seriously, Physis Plus editor looks like a dinosaur, in comparison) that anybody can make the best out of it.

Maybe I should write a mail and tell the Italian guy that he left a potential group of customers unsatisfied, and that’s really a shame.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 10:25 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 06.05.2023 10:26)
#4 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
SJL

Ciao Paolo,

was war denn mit dem Gerät, klang es nicht gut? Ich finde weder in diesem noch in dem ursprünglichen Thread eine konkrete Erklärung / Beschreibung dazu.

Danke und beste Grüße
Stephan

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 11:36
#5 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
Br

Das war vor allem eine Konversation in der Shoutbox.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 11:49
#6 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
SJL

Natürlich, diese unnütze Shoutbox. Also mal wieder fachliche Beiträge verschollen im Datenmüll... ärgerlich!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 12:24
#7 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
So

https://www.amazona.de/test-mod-devices-...udio-processor/

"Das Gerät hält den Nutzer nicht vom groben Unfug ab....."

🤭😉

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 12:40
#8 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte

Ja ich bezweifele mal ganz stark, dass Paolo mit seinem Gerät Unfug getrieben hat (=
Aber offenbar sind die Teile noch nicht ausgereift, denn dass die teilweise streiken oder ganz aufhören zu arbeiten, hatte ich anderswo auch schonmal gelesen. Wenn es früh genug passiert, kann man sich ja dann Ersatz schicken lassen, aber was ist, wenn die Gewährleistung ausgelaufen ist.. Und wenn Leute das tatsächlich für Bandauftritte benutzen, und plötzlich ist der Ton kaputt, ist das ein schwacher Trost.

Die Bedienung über den Browser wäre genau das, was ich mir auch für den Physis+-Editor erhofft hätte. Auch das Marketing finde ich ansprechend (auch wenn die sich wohl hauptsächlich auf Gitarren etc. konzentrieren). Aber wenn es zu viele Montagsmodelle gibt, sollten sie vielleicht noch was verbessern. Oder die Teile einzeln testen vor Auslieferung (was natürlich den Preis wieder erhöht)..

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2023 13:36 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 06.05.2023 13:37)
#9 RE: Requiem pour une unité audio défunte
Di

The Mod Audio Dwarf was mentioned in the Physis/Physis Plus comparison thread as a means to improve the reverb of Physis (1.0) instruments (and also other ones, if one likes it). It is basically a harware plugin host that would have theoretically served the purpose very well, considering that it allows to chain several plugin effects to achieve the desired result. All this without the need for a pc and a DAW, basically.

When I received it, there was already a problem in the input stages because, when feeding a signal of around -20 db, the unit was getting overloaded and it was clipping. I then reduced the input gain to the minimun and could start testing the unit. When I switched it on the second day, even with a very low input signal the unit was heavily clipping. I tried to restart, reboot, even reload the firmware and the os, to no avail. In the end, the input leds were constantly red, even with no cable connected to it. Moreover, when switching on/off the saturation plugin, the unit was "litterally" playing the impulse response, that is, a loud gunshot.

I surfed the Mod Audio Forum and found this:

Is my dwarf broken?

Exactly the same problem. Surfed a little more and found so many other hardware defect reports and that was enough for me. Sent the unit back.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!