Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede

• Seite 2 von 2
20.12.2021 08:20
#16 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
mvn

Vielen Dank Ahlborn und Untersatz. Ich werde diese einfache Lösung nach den Feiertagen ebenfalls in meine Concerto 350 einbauen.

- Frage: spielt die Dicke des Schaumstoffs eine Rolle, bzw.
- Welche Dicke habt ihr verwendet?

LG
Martin

2014 - 2020 Gloria Concerto 234 DLX
2020 - ......... Gloria Concerto 350 Trend

Antworten

Beitrag melden
20.12.2021 11:23
#17 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede

Hi Martin,

ich habe diesen hier: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000YE53ZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi Ahlborn:
I was not quite sure how much absorber to use and how exactly to place it, as your photos were a little unfocused. Maybe the next time I open the back of my organ I will try to again remove some layers and make a direct comparison.
However, this might be hard, as for a true comparison I would have to close the organ again completely, tighten the screws and so on....and then maybe re-open it to make additional adjustments.
Maybe I'll give it a try over Christmas, maybe I'll leave it "as-is".

Best,

Stephan

Gloria Concerto 350 Trend DLX

Antworten

Beitrag melden
20.12.2021 12:13
#18 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
ah

Let's say that companies (all) take into consideration not the best components of all, but the best components for quality/price.
However, all those procedures that take time and that can aggravate production costs are excluded.
For example, large capacitors are partly already damped by applying (automatically) a layer of silicone (actually a similar material) between the board and the capacitor (and you can see this white material right under the capacitors).
The problem is that large electrolytic capacitors are sensitive to vibrations (suffer from microphonicity), and produce self-induced vibrations themselves. These vibrations (external or self-induced) produce distortion.
The layer of material interposed between the capacitor and the board partially dampens the vibrations, but it does not mean that you cannot do better.

This is where the art of tweking comes in :-)

with little expense (a few euros) you can further dampen these large capacitors, by applying strips of bluetak.

The same goes for twisting the cables coming out of the transformers. Just mark the fastons that are connected to the amplifiers (there are three wires that come out of each transformer) to avoid doing damage when they are reconnected, and twist them. It may seem like a small thing, but even this guarantees a certain immunity to disturbances.

For the sound-absorbing material the situation is different.
Each organ model has a presumed intended use, and the sound-absorbing material is inserted in a certain quantity providing for a given use.
The Sonus 60, for example, is considered an organ for medium / large rooms and consequently it was not considered appropriate to insert sound-absorbing material to dampen the standing waves of the cabinet.
This however means that in a medium or small home environment, a certain correction of the internal standing waves produces immediately audible benefits: greater clarity, airiness, precision.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
20.12.2021 12:19
#19 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
ah

@ mnv and Untersatz: for my environment, I cut out two strips of 20x50 cm (3cm thick) and I inserted each strip in the side compartment. However, every situation is different, so if you put in more damping material and you like the result, then that's right!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
20.12.2021 12:33
#20 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
ah

This is the bluetac that I inserted in the Sonus 40 capacitors (it is a photo taken before replacing the tweeter capacitors with polypropylene ones; after which I also dampened the large capacitors with foam and clamps just to have a more "elegant" job . But the bluetac works great, it's sticky and stays well in place).
I recommend putting the bluetac only around the capacitors and not on top, to ensure thermal dissipation (in the Sonus 60 there is also a separate additional amplifier).

Antworten

Beitrag melden
21.04.2022 22:19 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 21.04.2022 22:19)
#21 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
tr

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #8

Well, buy a 50x50x3cm ashlar sound-absorbing panel. (It is important that it is exactly this thickness)

Mal eine blöde Frage: Würden solche Dämmungen auch helfen, ein "rumpeliges" Pedal zu zähmen? Mein Hauptwerkspieltisch ist bis auf ein paar Platinen leer und nach hinten offen und bietet im Zusammenspiel mit dem Aufstellungsort einen perfekten Resonanzkörper für Pedal- und Manualgeräusche.

Viele Grüße
Trompetendulzian

Antworten

Beitrag melden
23.04.2022 08:12
#22 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede

Unbedingt probieren! Das kostet kleines Geld und hat bei meiner Nobilis, die Resonanzen übelster Art im Wohnzimmer erzeugte (Mobiliar, Gläser in der Vitrine, Lampen, Zähne vom Hund etc.), die Probleme auf fast Null reduziert.

Lieben Gruß
Bernd

Antworten

Beitrag melden
25.04.2022 21:52 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 25.04.2022 21:53)
#23 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
tr

- ich werde berichten!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.05.2022 10:03
#24 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede

Da ich ja ein Fan deutsch-romantischer Orgelklänge bin, suche ich auch einen ganz bestimmten.
War es Prinzipal 8 + Gambe 8? Oder Eine Mischung mit Viola d amour 8? Leider habe ich den gesuchten Klang
noch nicht oft gefunden. Wer mal die Rühlmann-Orgel in Alsfeld spielen kann, wird mit der Viola d amour den Klang finden, den ich suche. Welche Orgel kann einen solch butterweichen romantischen streichenden Klang eigentlich nachahmen?

Viele Grüße

Ippenstein

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.05.2022 11:11
#25 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
ah

You have a audio demo of this stops combination?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.05.2022 13:42
#26 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede

I m sorry, no. But I m looking at youtube for examples.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.05.2022 17:29
#27 RE: Physis - Hauptwerk - Live und Nobilis - Klangqualität - Unterschiede
Administrator

Lass uns wissen, wenn du ein Klangbeispiel gefunden hast.
Bei Streichern traue ich Physis eine Menge zu - mehr, als bei Prinzipalen.

Ich verkaufe meine Orgel, eine Gloria Concerto 234 Trend DLX. Bei Interesse bitte PN oder Mail.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!