Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami

• Seite 1 von 2
23.11.2023 11:32 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 23.11.2023 11:38)
#1 Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami

Johannus hat (mal endlich) wieder ein neues Sample Set angekündigt!

Die Orgel hat noch etliche Effektregister wie Chimes, Harp, Celesta, die bei der Disposition von Johannus NICHT aufgeführt sind. Ob diese wohl (wieder) weggelassen wurden?…

Johannus LiVE III

Franck Choral 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbpvMTinLh0
BWV 564 Toccata an der grossen Hoforgel Luzern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSH335MGQb4
Bildanhänge
imagepreview

IMG_1979.png

download

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.11.2023 01:35
#2 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

Below is my guesstimate of what is in the Miami Ruffatti sample set for the LiVE 3T or 3T-A (at least for North America). Johannus doesn't have a lot of wiggle room with the LiVE 3T and 2T set stops lists, so the guesstimate is going to be pretty close to the actual.

Mark-up Color Code:
blue line = stop not included
green text = stop added
blue line/green text together = stop replaced/replacement stop
green line + arrow = stops added to manual pointed at
green circle + arrow = stop moved to other manual

3TA_ver_Miami_Ruffatti.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.11.2023 21:29
#3 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
cl

Da ist der Charakter des "American Eclectic" durch die Eingriffe völlig entstellt:
Die Doppelverwendung der Spitzflöte 16´in Hauptwerk und Pedal. Im HW wird sie durch einen Principal 16 ersetzt und im Pedal entfällt sie ganz.
Im HW fällt die Cymbale als Ergänzung zur Fourniture ersatzlos weg. Ferner die Tromba die Giubileo 2000 ebenfalls im Orcus. Eine Quintade 8´, Trp. 16´+ 4´ergänzt, wie auch ein 2 2/3´. Das gravierende charakterliche Veränderungen.
Im Schwellwerk wurde die für Amerika typische Flötenschwebung ( Fl. Cel. + Fl. Dolce) gehimmelt, wie auch den Cornet de compose. Dafür hat man eine Voix Humaine 8´ergänzt, die in dieser Orgel nun wirklich nichts zu suchen hat.
Das Positiv hat man gleich seiner Streicher samt Schwebung beraubt.
Die Eingriffe in die Aliquoten sind mE sehr zweifelhaft.
Naja jeder Johannuskunde hat ja das Recht auf den "Johannusklang". Von diesem Recht möchte ich wie schon so oft wirklich keinen Gebrauch machen ....
American eclectic geht anders!

Liebe Grüße vom Clemens

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.11.2023 10:23
#4 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami

Ich entnehme dem US-Forum, dass die Besitzer der ganz großen LiVE mit LCD-Displays alle Register des Originals bekommen und dann eben selbst individuell auswählen, welche 12 Register sie weglassen oder nachträglich ändern. Die Tromba kann also auf Wunsch doch jederzeit erschallen!

Die Besitzer anderer LiVE-Modelle scheinen in US allerdings diese Johannus-Policy gerade auch nicht lustig zu finden.

Ich verstehe mal wieder nicht, warum Johannus sich da schon wieder selbst ein Bein stellt. Eine Steilvorlage für Konkurrent Allen! Ich vermute aber, dass irgendwelche Verträge mit Roland bestehen, so dass Johannus die Technologie des internen Expanders noch nicht in ihre eigenen Modelle einbauen dürfen. Denn sonst wäre es doch nun wirklich simpel über zwei Midi-Koppeln je Manual jene Register zugänglich zu machen, die abseits der vorgegebenen Dispositionen aus den gesampleten Orgeln vorhanden sind.

Ansonsten könnte man auf die Idee kommen, dass man angesichts der Fortschritte bei Johannus längst mit einer neuen Orgel-Generation plant, die nur noch LCD-Schilder hat. Denn die Policy mit den "verstümmelten" Dispositionen wirkt angesichts der Fortschritte von Orgel-Software-Lösungen zunehmend wie das Faxgerät der Sakralorgelbranche. Allerdings ist dies ein Hardware-Problem und solche gelten neuerdings als schwieriger zu lösen als Software-Probleme.

Organteq mag derzeit noch klingen wie eine Studio oder alte Optimus, aber das wird sich schnell ändern, wenn man KI in die Software-Entwicklung einbindet.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.11.2023 21:02
#5 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
cl

Als Kunde haben wir ja ein Recht auf den "Johannus-Klang"

Liebe Grüße vom Clemens

Antworten

Beitrag melden
30.11.2023 01:03
#6 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

The LiVE III owners have the advantage of deploying almost all of the originally sampled organs' dispositions because of the "variable" stop labels on the LiVE III. As a LiVE 3T-A owner, I don't have that advantage but I do get the "core" of the sampled organs' dispositions which fulfills a good amount of the following (taken from Thorsten Pirkl's website):

Zitat
Auf die Auswahl der geeigneten Literatur kommt es an! Denn jede Orgel ist immer nur für einen ganz bestimmten Sektor des Repertoires geschaffen, der bei größeren Instrumenten weiter, bei kleineren enger gespannt, aber deshalb doch nicht beschränkt ist.
(Harald Vogel)

When playing specific literature on the LiVE 3T-A, I do have the opportunity to hear much of the era/nationality specifics (as we currently understand them) of the sampled organs. Yes, the organ-defining niceties/idiosyncrasies are missing BUT the core of the sound is there. I will also venture that the built-in convolution reverb, amplification, and room correction make the LiVE sound a joy very little effort. All said, I wished I'd had enough for the III :)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
30.11.2023 06:43
#7 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

I waited too long to correct my immediately above post...its penultimate (2nd to last) sentence should read:

Zitat von live3TA im Beitrag #6
I will also venture that the built-in convolution reverb, amplification, and room correction make the LiVE sound a joy with very little effort.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
30.11.2023 16:53
#8 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

I should know better than to make an entry on the forum when tired...bad live3TA, bad boy!!!

The room correction software is not built-in: the dealer has the microphone and software on laptop to room correct the LiVE instruments. I'm thinking of seeing how much it might cost to get the microphone and software because if I swap a bookcase for a small Physis-based instrument and some how end up with a small stack of Snuffleupagus corpses, I'd want to room correct and NOT want to call the dealer.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
30.11.2023 17:01
#9 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

Wow!! Even daytime entries have their challenges...I meant to type "couch" instead of "stack of Snuffleupagus corpses" in my immediately above email. But, to be fair, the acoustic effect of either is about the same.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
08.12.2023 05:17
#10 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

A recording of the Miami Ruffati sample set:

Antworten

Beitrag melden
15.12.2023 20:25
#11 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

I was wrong (as heard in the below video): it looks like the Miami Ruffatti sample set for the LiVE 3T includes the Tromba del Giubileo 2000 on the Choir/Positif manual. The trumpet on the Great pales in comparison...

It's great that Johannus is using one of Paul Fey's compositions, too!!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
16.12.2023 23:21
#12 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

Zitat von live3TA im Beitrag #11
I was wrong (as heard in the below video)

I was wrong about being wrong ...in the above video at 6 seconds in the fanfare trumpet is fanfaring BUT no reed stop is select on any of the manuals. I've checked a number of times and it looks like for the video a "custom" Miami Ruffatti sample set for the LiVE 3T being played has the fanfare trumpet under the Positiv's Gedackt 8' or Sifflote 1'--when the fanfare trumpet is heard in the video those 2 stops are selected.

So, two wrongs might make me right about the conjectured Ruffatti sample set for the LiVE 3T!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.12.2023 06:54
#13 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

Well, I sit and stand corrected!

Johannus has turned to a new philosophy with regard to placing sampled ranks under the set stop lists for the LiVE series, the LiVE 3TA to be specific.

In 2020 I was told that their "philosophy is that a stop tab on the organ must represent the characteristics of the voice that is activated." This was communicated to me in response to my concerns about various stops being replaced unacceptably/oddly on a Schnitger sample set.

Well, welcome to late 2023 when Johannus can place a fanfare trumpet under a 1' flute stop, a spitzflote under a principal stop, and a viola pomposa under a principal stop...the Miami Ruffatti sample set has reshaped/broken their old philosophy.

In my above post of the expected LiVE 3T-A version of the Miami Ruffatti sample set, following Johannus' former philosophy, I had excluded the Spitzflote 16' from the Great and the Viola Pomosa 8' from the Choir. The new philosophy allows those stops to appear under principal stops on the respective manuals, but the newest of the new philosophy was placing the Tromba del Giubileo 2000 8' on the Great under the Sifflote 1' on the Choir. As seen below, my expectations were largely met except for the sudden effects of Johannus' new philosophy--I purchased the Miami Ruffatti sample set when I thought it didn't have the fanfare trumpet because I don't have much use for one in my living room

Revised_Miami_Ruffatti_SS_for_3TA.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
31.12.2023 06:06 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 31.12.2023 06:12)
#14 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
SJL

Hi Jeff,

in Ermangelung des "Rückpositiv/Choir"-Manuals kommt das Set bei der zweimanualigen Live (2T) ohne die Tromba del Giubileo 2000 8'.

Allerdings ist die "normale" 8'-Trompete m.E. bereits ausreichend markant für Soloparts. Die Abwesenheit einer noch "lauteren" Tromba kann man also prinzipiell bedauern, muss man aber nicht, da für meinen Geschmack von überschaubarem praktischem Mehrwert.

Ein möglicher Kompromiss wäre gewesen, die Tromba im Hauptwerk anstelle der Klarine 4' (das m.E. am ehesten verzichtbare Zungenregister) zu platzieren. Vielleicht ließe sich das ja mittels Intonat entsprechend "customizen"?

VG
Stephan

Antworten

Beitrag melden
31.12.2023 07:04
#15 RE: Sample Set Ruffati Orgel Epiphany in Miami
li

Greetings Stephan!

I think that the Miami sample set is pretty wonderful without the fanfare trumpet.

Zitat von SJL im Beitrag #14
Allerdings ist die "normale" 8'-Trompete m.E. bereits ausreichend markant für Soloparts. Die Abwesenheit einer noch "lauteren" Tromba kann man also prinzipiell bedauern, muss man aber nicht, da für meinen Geschmack von überschaubarem praktischem Mehrwert.

Also, I will say that the Tromba del Giubileo 2000 8' is so loud, I am unable to think of how I might use it--maybe to announce the arrival of the very few guests that can fit into my front room?!? Another 3T owner noted elsewhere that they love the Miami Ruffatti sample set AND that the fanfare trumpet is "earsplitting".

Zitat von SJL im Beitrag #14
A possible compromise would have been to place the tromba in the main work instead of the 4' clarine (the most dispensable reed register in my opinion). Maybe this could be “customized” using intonation?

I have the intonation software and the 2T and 3T are not enabled to move voices around. The owners of the big LiVE III get to move voices at will.

The Ruffatti sample set has many interesting and useful ranks--I'm struck by the quite lively and principle-ly Viola Pomposa 8' and the Holzgedeckt 8' with lots of quint-iness to it. I've only had it in the organ for 2 days, along with the Leipzig Sauer sample set (a completely different yet wonderful sound)--2024 already has much to grab my ear and time!

Cheers!
Jeff

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!